National Green Schools Society
NGSS Jr. and Elementary Chapters
Green Schools is now accepting applications for the 7th Annual Green Difference Awards being held at the MA State House on May 26, 2015 from 10 am – 12 pm.
Green Schools honors and recognizes Outstanding National Environmental Education & STEM Education efforts led in our Schools & Communities at our Annual Green Difference Awards.
Awards will be given in the following areas:
- Outstanding Green Superintendent/Principal
- Outstanding Green Education/Program Director
- Outstanding Green Community Hero
- Outstanding Green Student [Elementary/Middle/High] Outstanding Commitment to Greenovation [GREEN + STEM + Innovation]
- Outstanding School-led Project in Climate Action
- Outstanding School-led Project in Energy Outstanding School-led Project in Conservation
- **NEW: SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Outstanding Environmental Education Program w/ Proven Track Record of 3 years!
- **NEW: SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Outstanding Environmental Education Program w/Proven Track Record of 5+years!
Applications Due April 12, 2015
DATE: April 8, 2015
Each spring, Green Schools hosts its Annual Massachusetts Green Schools Summit. Now in its 8th year, the Massachusetts Green Schools Summit connects stakeholders from government, education, business, community, nonprofit organizations, and leaders of all ages interested in Green Schools & Communities.
- Engage in cross-sector dialogues
- Learn from thought leaders of all ages
- Go back to your school and community armed with knowledge and resources to Green Your School
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Municipal and state government officials and staff
- K-12 & Higher Education staff and faculty
- Students (suggested for Middle School aged students and above)
- Non-profit organizations
- Community Members
- Everyone interested in the Green Schools Movement and environmental transformation