National Green Schools Society
National Green Schools Society [NGSS/NJGSS]
NGSS + NJGSS is an Environmental Honor Society specially designed for students in Grades 5‐12.
NGSS honors and develops bright, civic-minded, environmentally literate citizens, in your schools & communities! Students will further develop their passion for preserving the environment, while improving their schools & communities through environmental service, leadership, and activism.
Start a Chapter of NGSS or NJGSS Today!
**Free when your school becomes a Member.
National Green Schools Society [Grades 9‐12]
National Junior Green Schools Society [Grades 5‐8]
NGSS Handbook Includes:
•Fundraising ideas and more…
•Honor Stoles can be ordered for Graduation.
•Includes everything you need to start and run a student‐led environmental organization for years to come!
•Includes unlimited Student Members
Green Schools is able to honor, recognize, and graduate Outstanding Environmental Graduates…as a part of National Green Schools Society Program. This recognition program is for students who have had made a direct impact in the field of Environmental Education, as well as in their school and community.
National Green Schools Society inductees must have completed the following criteria [prior to graduation] to be inducted into this Nationally Recognized Society:
- 30 hrs. of Environmental Service
- 30 hrs. of Environmental Education [conducted both inside and outside of the school]
- 20 hrs. of Project-based Learning [hands on projects connected to Environmental Education/STEM]
- 20 hrs. Internship with The Green Schools Organization or cooperating Community Partner
NGSS has been recognized by NEEF [National Environmental Education Foundation], NAAEE [North American Association for Environmental Education], EDN [Earth Day Network], GSNN [Green Schools National Network], KAB [Keep America Beautiful], NWF’s Eco-Schools USA, GEF [Green Education Foundation], Beyond Benign, and others connected to Environmental Education on a National Level.
This National Recognition honors the exemplar Environmental Steward who has shown 100 or more hours in Environmental Education & Service.
1. Letters of Intent to apply are due by May 5th!
2. Completed Point Card + Forms are due by May 10th. http://www.projectgreenschools.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/NGSSPoint-Card.pdf
Hours must tally a min. of 100 hrs of Environmental Service &/or Environmental Education [during your time in Gr. 9-12] to qualify.
Hours can be made up of Courses, Clubs, Projects, Events, Related Programs, etc…
3. Submit your 100 hrs of Environmental Service &/or Education.
Hours and payment can be submitted separately.
A simple email containing the necessary info can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Please send your payment of $35 made payable to Green Schools BY MAY 5th and send to:
P.O. Box 323
Mansfield, MA 02048
We thank you for making The Green Difference in your school & community, and we look forward to hearing from you!