Green Schools Student Leaders with Governor Patrick at MA STEM Summit!
Green Schools Interviews Secretary Richard K. Sullivan at The Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs
Green Schools 5th Annual Green Difference Awards
With Commissioner Sylvia & EPA Administrator, Curt Spalding at the 7th Annual Green Schools Summit at EPA New England
Green Schools National Network Advisory Board
Had a Great Time at PA on Student Sustainability Leadership Day!
Green Schools National Conference-Student Summit Outdoor Learning
Green Schools and Lt. Governor, Tim Murray, present the 1st STEM in Education Green Difference Award at The MA Green Schools Summit
eSTEM Breakout Session at The 2nd White House Women & Environment Summit
1st Class of NGSS [National Green Schools Society] Graduates-2013
Green Scholars – An Adventure Approach to School Sustainability
|When:||Back to Calendar January 17, 2013 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Green Scholars – An Adventure Approach to School Sustainability:
January 17th [Previously scheduled for the 18th] , Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA
Do you want to bring an environmental sustainability program to your school that requires neither a classroom nor funding?
The national award-winning Green Scholars program utilizes adventure and servicelearning to engage students as change-agents through independent projects within their school or community. “Green Scholars cultivates empowered, informed, and progressive student entrepreneurial leaders who become equipped to face 21stcentury environmental challenges.”
1. Discuss how to apply Green Scholars as a leading strategy for sustainable school development
2. Review adventure education concepts in the context of school sustainability initiatives
3. Join a network of school sustainability leaders in the Greater Boston area
4. Learn techniques for managing students effectively and efficiently
Location: Manchester Essex Regional High School, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA
Tuition: $100 includes workshop fee, lunch, access to Green Scholars planning tools, sample successful projects and manual.
To register visit “Workshops & Trainings” @ Project Adventure.
Contact Eric Magers (NSSP Coordinator) for questions @ email@example.com or 978.525.6469
Philosophy of Course: The award-winning Green Scholars program—in collaboration with community partners and utilizing Project Adventure and service learning models—cultivates empowered, informed, and progressive student entrepreneurial leaders equipped to face 21st-century environmental challenges.
Intended Audience: the Green Scholars training is for teachers and administrators while to program is a teacher advisor coordinated initiative intended for high school and middle school students.
Green Scholars Awards: Greenschools Green Difference Award, the Secretary’s Award for Excellence in Energy and Environmental Education, the Greenschools Green Program Award, and the Presidential Environmental Youth Award
• Green Scholars pedagogy combines project management, experiential education, service learning, inquiry-based learning, STEAM content (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math), 21st-century skills, and environmental literacy
• Offered as an elective course during an open block during which students work with a teacher-advisor to accomplish goals that are linked to the state frameworks with rigorous expectations and real world application
• Advisors guide students through a project mgt. process that meets core competencies, defines project goals and objectives, identifies tasks and how goals will be achieved, quantifies the resources needed, and determines budgets and timelines for completion
• Students are assessed using detailed writing, presentation, environmental literacy,
STEAM and 21st-century skills rubrics